You've got questions, We've got answers
Do I need to know how to do yoga or paddle?
- Absolutely not, no experience required. We'll go over basic paddle techniques before heading to our location. The yoga portion is set up to be a fun experience for people at any stage of their practice.
What happens if I fall?
- You get wet :) Falling, or rather the possibility of falling, is part of the experience. Remember, if you do fall, make a big splash. Extra points if your splash gets your neighbor. If you have trouble getting back on the board, I can help you out.
- There are also things you can do to make your chances of falling in less likely. Find out how to paddle with confidence and stay on your board.
How cold is the water?
- The water in the reservoir is from the mountain snow melt. It starts off chilly at the beginning of the season as the reservoir fills up. Mid June - July is usually when all the water is done trickling in, and it begins to warm up as the sun heats the reservoir. The average water temperature in August is between 65-70 degrees Fahrenheit (18-21 degrees Celsius). You can find current water temperatures here. Make sure you're looking under the conditions tab.
Do I need to sign up?
- Yes. Reservations are required 48 hours in advance. You can sign up for a class here.
Do I need to bring a board?
- No, all equipment is provided: board, paddle, life vest, whistle, and anchor.
What do I need to bring?
- All the essentials are provided. To find anything else you might want, check out my blog: "5 easy things that will help you enjoy SUP Yoga".
What's parking like?
- Parking at Horsetooth is very limited, especially in the summer. Plan to arrive early in order to get a spot. Extra points if you carpool!
- A parking pass is required for all locations. You can purchase a day pass the day of your class, or get a year pass on site or online.
Are there restrooms?
- There are restrooms located at all parking areas with water access to Horsetooth Reservoir.
How is reception on the reservoir?
- Reception is very spotty, especially on the north end of the reservoir. You might want to download all directions before you get here.
Didn't get your question answered? Contact me.