Looking for something to do during the colder months?
Come try something fun and different by practicing yoga on a paddleboard.
No experience needed. This all levels class starts with the most stable postures and adds on optional layers of difficulty to give you the right mix of challenge and success. Have fun, move, improve balance, and gain a greater awareness of your body as you connect to the muscles used in stabilization.
Other than a fun time inside and a "secret workout"?
Feel supported as we go over paddling technique. Not knowing how to paddle is no problem!
Practice yoga on a paddleboard! The added water element helps you explore your comfort zone and become aware of small muscle groups used for balance and stability.
Enjoy meeting other adventurous people in class and spending time in community.
All equipment is provided (board, paddle, life vest, anchor and whistle). If you want to use your own gear, you're more than welcome to do so.
Join us on the water 🙌
Get everything for $45 a class
If you bring your own board, take class for $25
When is class?
We have classes once a month on Saturday afternoons.
October 3, 12:30 pm (401360-01)
November 21, 1 pm (401360-02)
December 5, noon (101260-01)*
January 9, noon (101360-01)
February 6, noon (101360-02)
March 6, noon (201360-01)
Call 970-221-6683 and mention the associated class number in parenthesis.
* December 5th class is at Mulberry Pool.
EPIC (Edora Pool Ice Center)
1801 Riverside Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80525
We'll take down the lane lines and make space for some paddling around the pool and yoga on the boards.
*December 5th class is at Mulberry Pool.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to know how to do yoga or paddle?
- Absolutely not, no experience required. We'll go over basic paddle techniques before heading to our location. The yoga portion is set up to be a fun experience for people at any stage of their practice.
What if I can't stand up?
- It's not a problem. You can paddle kneeling or sitting. The yoga is also an all levels class. Different options are provided for your to challenge yourself at whatever level you're comfortable with... even if you have never practiced before.
What happens if I fall?
- You get wet :) Falling, or rather the possibility of falling, is part of the experience. Remember, if you do fall, make a big splash. Extra points if your splash gets your neighbor. If you have trouble getting back on the board, I can help you out.
- There are also things you can do to make your chances of falling in less likely. Find out how to paddle with confidence and stay on your board.
Do I need to sign up?
- Yes. Reservations are required 72 hours in advance since space is limited. You can sign up by calling 970-221-6633 and giving them your information with the class number listed in parenthesis next to the class date.
Do I need to bring a board?
- No, all equipment is provided.
What do I need to bring?
- All the essentials are provided. To find anything else you might want, check out my blog: "5 easy things that will help you enjoy SUP Yoga".
What's parking like?
- There's plenty of parking available.
Are there restrooms?
- Yes. Restrooms and changing areas are available for use.
Do I need to wear a mask?
- Face coverings are required in the facility while moving around on land and during our orientation. After you get on the water, you can take your mask off if you wish. You might want to bring a plastic bag to keep it dry.
Is there an entrance fee?
- Your entrance fee is included in your course cost. If you plan to come early or stay after and use the facilities, you'll need to purchase a day pass. More information can be found here.
Didn't get your question answered? Contact us.
What other people say
The first time I tried SUP yoga I was terrified. I didn't know if I could do it, but decided to try it anyways. It was so much fun! I've been back for multiple classes and my balance is so much better. I definitely recommend trying it.
Want to paddle better?
Check out the SUP Basics class held by Rocky Mountain Adventures
Learn important techniques related to the exciting sport of Stand Up Paddle Boarding (i.e. SUP). Paddle Board, paddle, and PDF provided. You are welcome to use your own equipment as well. Your instructor, Ethan Billingsley, is an American Canoe Association level 3 certified SUP instructor and will gear the course towards those wanting to get on both flat and whitewater.
Next class is March 6, 2021
More info and sign up here.