Sun, Jul 17|
Boyd Lake State Park, swim beach
SUP Yoga with She Goes High
have fun and move in community
Time & Location
Jul 17, 2022, 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM
Boyd Lake State Park, swim beach, 3720 N County Rd 11c, Loveland, CO 80538, USA
About The Event
Get on the water and enjoy some fun, mindful movement. No experience needed. Whether you're a seasoned paddler, a long time yogi, or an adventurous beginner looking to try something new; mixing the two practices together gives you a whole new respect for balance and a greater awareness of the body.
We'll paddle to a location, practice yoga on a paddle board, have one of the most memorable savasanas ever, and paddle back. You might even see some wildlife.What's included?
Other than a fun time outside and a "secret workout"?
- Feel supported as we go over paddling technique. Not knowing how to paddle is no problem!
- Take in the beauty of nature as you explore the waters of Boyd Lake along the way to our yoga spot.
- Practice yoga on a paddleboard! The added water element helps you explore your comfort zone and become aware of small muscle groups used for balance and stability.
- Enjoy meeting other outdoor lovers in class and spending time in community.
- Receive photos from class so there's no question about whether you can balance on a board or not.
Do I need to know how to do yoga or paddle?
- Absolutely not, no experience required. We'll go over basic paddle techniques before heading to our location. The yoga portion is set up to be a fun experience for people at any stage of their practice.
What if I can't stand up?
- It's not a problem. You can paddle kneeling or sitting. The yoga is also an all levels class. Different options are provided for you to challenge yourself at whatever level you're comfortable with... even if you have never practiced before or are not flexible.
What happens if I fall?
- You get wet :) Falling, or rather the possibility of falling, is part of the experience. Remember, if you do fall, make a big splash. Extra points if your splash gets your neighbor. I'll guide you to get back on your board. That usually works just fine, but if you're still have trouble getting back on, I'll get in the water and help you back on your board.
- There are also things you can do to make your chances of falling in less likely. Find out how to paddle with confidence and stay on your board.
How cold is the water?
- It's not! The summer water temperature is usually in the 60s. Since the depth of the lake is up to 45 feet, the water is able to heat up much faster than other areas.
Do I need to bring a board?
- No, you can choose to rent a board for $20. You'll get a board, paddle, life vest, whistle, and anchor.
What do I need to bring?
- All the essentials are provided. To find anything else you might want, check out my blog: "5 easy things that will help you enjoy SUP Yoga".
What's parking like?
- Parking should not be an issue this early. I will give you extra earth points if you're able to carpool with friends :)
- A parking pass is required. You can purchase a day pass the day of your class, or get a year pass on site or online.
Are there restrooms?
- Yes and no. There are restrooms in the concession building where we will meet. It's the big brown building by the parking lot. However, they don't open until 10 am. You'll be able to use the restrooms in the marina parking lot. You can walk from the swim beach parking lot (where we'll meet) or drive. If you're facing the beach, it's the building on the left with the blue roof.
Didn't get your question answered? Contact us.
SUP Yoga Class
SUP Yoga class and anchor$30.00
Get a board, paddle, life vest, and anchor$20.00