End of Summer Celebration
Ring out the end of summer
Summer is coming to a close. Let's gather together to celebrate the changing of one season to the next. We'll be in community with the awesome people we've met over the summer, have fun, and relax. Our celebration will consist of paddle board yoga, brunch, and a beer tour around Loveland.
SUP Yoga | Brunch | Beer Tour
All levels Stand Up Paddle board (SUP) Yoga class
Get on the water and enjoy some fun, mindful movement in an all levels paddle board yoga class. No experience needed. Mixing the two practices of paddling and yoga together gives you a whole new respect for balance and a greater awareness of the body.
We'll go over paddle basics, practice yoga on a paddle board, have one of the most memorable savasanas ever, and paddle back. You might even see some wildlife.
Other than a fun time outside and a "secret workout"?
Feel supported as we go over basic paddling technique. Not knowing how to paddle is no problem!
Take in the beauty of nature as you explore the waters of Boyd Lake along the way to our yoga spot.
Practice yoga on a paddleboard! The added water element helps you explore your comfort zone and become aware of small muscle groups used for balance and stability.
Enjoy meeting other outdoor lovers in class and spending time in community.
Receive photos from class so there's no question about whether you can balance on a board or not.
All equipment is provided (board, paddle, life vest, anchor and whistle). If you want to use your own gear, you're more than welcome to do so.
Brunch at AKA Kitchen
Fill up with brunch at AKA Kitchen and have fun conversation with the community. Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options are available.
A.K.A. (or "Also Known As) Kitchen is the representation of everything that was once traditional, morphed into something new. They are a family-owned and operated restaurant that started as a passion project in 2018, but has grown to be so much more.
They believe in a fresh approach in everything they do. From their 'hot take' on classic menu items, to their building that was once the iconic Adelita's Mexican restaurant and even their locally sourced food vendors - their goal is to bring you an elevated yet approachable dining experience to the Downtown Loveland Community.
Beer Tour around Loveland
We'll hop on board the Original Gravity Beer Tours van and visit Grimm Brothers Brewhouse and Drätz Brewing Company before returning to our initial pick up point at Boyd Lake
Grimm Brothers Brewhouse started in July 2010 and is the oldest brewery in Loveland. They specialize in German-inspired beers both traditional and historical styles. Their beers are named and inspired by the famous German writers Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm. Stop on by and let them share a story about a beer.
Drätz Brewing Company is dedicated to hand crafting top quality beer specializing in American, Belgian and German styles as well as some fun experimental rotations. Their beer is inspired by family roots from Amsterdam. They want to provide great beer to their customers as well as invite them into their family. Expect great family stories to share along with great beer.
What's happening at the event?
SUP Yoga class
Equipment rental (you can bring your own board if you wish)
Transportation around Loveland in a luxury tour van
Beer tour with perks from Breweries
What's Not Included
Entrance fee into the park
Food and drinks
When is the event?
Saturday, September 11
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Where is the Celebration?
We start a Boyd Lake State Park and go to various places around Loveland. Transportation around Loveland is provided. You'll just need to get yourself to Boyd.
Boyd Lake State Park
3720 N Co Rd 11C, Loveland, CO 80538
Once you enter the gate to the park, continue driving until you get to the stop sign. Cross the street and find parking. Meet us at the big, brown concession building by the paddle rental shop, Mountain Rentals. They're located inside, on the left by the women's restroom. This is the area where you'll get gear, sign waiver forms for class, and meet the other students.
How much is the event?
We have two options available for you depending on if you need to rent equipment or not. All options include the SUP Yoga class, transportation from Boyd Lake around Loveland, and beer tour. You will be responsible for your food and drinks.
$69 if you bring your own board and use code BYOBOARDEVENT
$89 to include board rental, paddle, PFD, whistle, and anchor
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to know how to do yoga or paddle?
- Absolutely not, no experience required. We'll go over basic paddle techniques before heading to our location. The yoga portion is set up to be a fun experience for people at any stage of their practice.
What if I can't stand up?
- It's not a problem. You can paddle kneeling or sitting. The yoga is also an all levels class. Different options are provided for you to challenge yourself at whatever level you're comfortable with... even if you have never practiced before.
What happens if I fall?
- You get wet :) Falling, or rather the possibility of falling, is part of the experience. Remember, if you do fall, make a big splash. Extra points if your splash gets your neighbor. I'll guide you to get back on your board. That usually works just fine, but if you're still have trouble getting back on, I'll get in the water and help you out.
- There are also things you can do to make your chances of falling in less likely. Find out how to paddle with confidence and stay on your board.
How cold is the water?
- It's not! The summer water temperature is usually in the 60s. Since the depth of the lake is up to 45 feet, the water is able to heat up much faster than other areas.
Do I need to sign up?
- Yes. Reservations are required 24 hours in advance. You can sign up for a class here.
Do I need to bring a board?
- No, all equipment is provided: board, paddle, life vest, whistle, and anchor. You are free to use your own equipment if you'd like.
What do I need to bring?
- All the essentials are provided. To find anything else you might want, check out my blog: "5 easy things that will help you enjoy SUP Yoga".
What's parking like?
- A parking pass is required. You can purchase a day pass the day of your class, or get a year pass on site or online.
Are there restrooms?
- Yes, there are restrooms in the concession building where we will meet. It's the big brown building by the parking lot. However, at the start of class the restrooms at the concession are closed. You'll need to use the one at the marina. You can walk to it from the parking lot. It's the brown building with the blue roof to the left if you're facing the lake. You'll be able to use the restrooms at the concessions after class
Will I have time to change after class?
- Yes. You'll have time to change after class and put away all your gear before we hop onto the van.
What are your COVID precautions?
We will utilize outdoor areas as much as possible. For indoor spaces (such as the van), fully vaccinated people can choose to wear a mask or not. We ask that unvaccinated people wear a mask. This event involves eating and drinking, and masks will not be worn during those times. We will utilize outdoor seating as long as weather permits. We will not wear masks on the water for safety purposes.
These procedures are subject to change as the situation and regulations around covid evolve.
Are food/drinks included?
- No, our tour and brunch only includes transportation. You are responsible for your own food and drinks.
Will we get a tour of the brewery when we are there?
- Breweries are offering us a variety of perks. Some breweries will give us a tour of the production area, some will give us a discount on merch or a free drink token for next time you visit. We may get to talk to a brewer or owner and ask them questions, every stop is different, and some of the perks offered depend on staffing and availability.
How long will we be at each stop?
- We will spend about 45 minutes at each brewery.
Can I drink on the van?
- No. The van licensing does not allow for open containers. However, if you do purchase beer to-go, the van has insulated storage to keep it cool for you.
What if the weather is bad?
- If it's too windy for a SUP Yoga class, you'll receive a notification the night before and your gear rental fee will be refunded. We will have a yoga class on the beach.
- If the weather is too bad for any type of outdoor class, you'll receive a notification the night before and will be refunded for the yoga portion of class. The notification will share the new meeting location for the start of our tour.
Didn't get your question answered? Contact us.
What other people say
Such a fun experience for any level! I love how this practice makes you stay focused in the present moment! (unless you’d like to make a splash going overboard!) I was surprised how much core I don’t use while on the ground- 10/10 would recommend for anyone to try! I can’t wait to go back!